In-person passports and notarial services are available by appointment only. Clients should arrive 5 minutes prior to appointments for security screening. If you arrive late for your appointment you may need to wait until an officer is available.
Appointments are available for the following services:
- Australian Passport applications – adult and child. A child application must be lodged by a person with parental responsibility, usually the mother or father. Children under the age of 16 do not need to accompany the lodging parent to the appointment.
- Emergency passports (depending on where you plan to lodge your application, please contact either [email protected] or [email protected] if you require an emergency passport).
- Notarial Services
Appointments are not required for the following services:
- Passport collections (no appointments required in Berlin, please book an appointment in Frankfurt for your passport collection)
- PC7 Renewal applications (when you lodge it by post)
- PC8 Renewal applications for children under 16 (when you lodge it by post)
How to book your appointment
Steps to booking:
- Select your desired service. Please make one appointment for each service you require (i.e. one appointment for each passport application you are lodging).
- You will automatically be forwarded to the next available appointment.
- Enter your information. We ask you to list an email address and a phone number so that you can receive appointment reminders and we can contact you if necessary.
- Attend the Australian Embassy or Australian Consulate-General at your designated appointment time and bring the relevant documents for your passport application or your notarial service. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please press the "cancel" or "reschedule" button in your appointment confirmation email.
- Berlin passport pick-up times (no appointment neccesary):
Monday - Friday 9am-12pm and 2-4pm
Frankfurt: Please book an appointment to collect your passport
Passports must be collected within 30 days upon notification that the passport has been issued.
Australian Embassy Berlin Australian Consulate-General Frankfurt
We do not charge a fee for the appointments. The fees listed on our booking page are for the service you have selected; not for the appointment. Fees may vary month to month, up-to-date fees are available here. Fees must be paid in Euro by debit (EC) or credit card only.