Australian Embassy
Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein

Hilfe für Australier

2018 Victorian State Election

The Victorian State Election will be held on Saturday 24 November 2018. The Australian Embassy Berlin will offer early voting services during business hours from Monday 12 November to Friday 23 November 2018 . The Embassy will be closed on Election Day. All eligible Victorians on the electoral roll are required to vote. If you are overseas, there are a number of ways to cast your vote prior to election day.

By Post

From Wednesday 31 October you can apply for a ballot paper to be emailed to you via Victorian Electoral Commission website

  1. Apply for a ballot paper to be emailed to you
  2. Print and complete the ballot paper
  3. Post the ballot paper to the Australia using the envelope provided

    Deadline: Postal votes must be post marked on or before 6:00pm on Election Day, 24 November 18 (Victorian time) and received in Australia no later than 6:00pm 30 November 18 (Victorian time) to be included in the count

In Person

In person early voting services will be offered at the Australian Embassy Berlin only.

Dates: Monday 12 November - Friday 23 November 2018 (weekdays only)

Time:  9am-12pm and 2-4.30pm

Note: We strongly recommend those who wish to vote in person visit the embassy from Wednesday 14 November. We expect VEC ballot papers will have arrived by this date. Further information is available at the Victorian Electoral Commission website.

Hilfe für Australier

Kontaktdaten der australischen Botschaft Berlin und des australischen Generalkonsulates Frankfurt

Terminbuchung für Passanträge oder notarielle Dienste

Assisting Australians overseas

Travel information for Australians

Living in Germany

Former residents

Customs and Quarantine




Contact details

Australische Botschaft
Wallstraße 76-79
10179 Berlin

Öffnungszeiten: Mo-Fr 8.30-17.00 Uhr

Australisches Generalkonsulat
Main Tower, 28. Etage
Neue Mainzer Str. 52-58
60311 Frankfurt
Tel: +49-69-90558-0

Öffnungszeiten: Mo-Do 9.00-16.30 Uhr, Fr 9.00-16.00 Uhr



What we can and cannot do

Assisting Australians overseas within limits.

For consular assistance outside the above opening hours, please phone: +49 30 8800880, choose option 2 for Consular assistance and your call will be redirected to the Consular Emergency Centre (24h) in Australia.

Consular Privacy Collection Statement 

Travel information for Australians

Get the latest travel advisories and other traveller hints from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

We encourage use of this online registration service by Australians planning to reside overseas for extended periods, and those travelling to locations where there are security risks.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has released its first State of Play report providing a great level of detail on consular statistics, particular case types and trends in the consular case load.

Living in Germany

Former residents

A gateway to information about Australian benefits, payments and services 

Customs and Quarantine

Handy information for Australians or residents returning from a holiday or moving back to Australia.

The Australian Customs Service has full information about taking goods into Australia inlcuding duty free, household goods and cars.

There are strict quarantine regulations for taking any food, plant material or animal products into Australia.

For information on bringing medicines into Australia, please visit the Therapeutic Goods Administration website.



For up-to-date information on Australian elections, enrolment and voting while overseas, visit the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website or contact the AEC via email ( or by calling +61 2 6160 2600 or +61 2 6113 4777 (charges may apply).