COVID-19 Notice – Urgent appointments only until 31 January
In support of host government protocols in place in response to the SARS-Cov-2/COVID-19 pandemic (“hard lockdown from 16 December 2020”), the Australian Embassy in Berlin and the Consulate-General in Frankfurt are offering appointments for urgent passport and notarial services only until 31 January.
Please only book a passport appointment if:
- Your passport is lost/stolen; OR
- Your passport has expired or will expire within the next few months and you do not have any other form of ID in Germany (such as a German passport); OR
- You have an appointment booked with your local Foreigners’ Office and need to renew your passport beforehand; OR
- Your passport expires within the next six months and you need to travel urgently
In any other cases, please book an appointment once the local restrictions have been lifted. If you believe you require an urgent passport appointment and the reason for urgency is not listed, please email us before booking an appointment: [email protected] (Berlin) or [email protected]
Please only book an appointment for a notarial service if:
- The matter is time-sensitive AND the service must be provided by an Australian consular officer. You can find information about local suppliers here: Notarial Services (embassy.gov.au).
We urge you to respect the advice from local authorities and the mitigating actions suggested to contain and reduce the spread of Covid-19. More information can be found here: https://www.zusammengegencorona.de/en/ and here (Berlin specific): https://www.berlin.de/en/news/coronavirus/.
Passports and notarial services are available by appointment only.
Clients should arrive 5 minutes prior to appointments for security screening. If you arrive late for your appointment you may need to wait until an officer is available. Appointments are available for the following services:
- Australian Passport applications – adult and child. A child application must be lodged by a person with parental responsibility, usually the mother or father. Children under the age of 16 do not need to accompany the lodging parent to the appointment.
- Emergency passports if your intended travel is not within the next 72 hours
- Notarial Services
Appointments are not required for the following services:
- Passport collections (no appointments required in Berlin, please book an appointment in Frankfurt for your passport collection)
- Emergency passport applications
How to book your appointment
Steps to booking:
- Select your desired service. Please make one appointment for each service you require (i.e. one appointment for each passport application you are lodging).
- You will automatically be forwarded to the next available appointment.
- Enter your information. We ask you to list an email address and a phone number so that you can receive appointment reminders and we can contact you if necessary.
- Attend the Embassy or Consulate-General at your designated appointment time and bring the relevant documents for your passport application or your notarial service. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please email: [email protected] or [email protected].
- Berlin passport pick-up times (no appointment neccesary):
Monday - Friday 9am-12pm and 2-4pm
Frankfurt: Please book an appointment to collect your passport
Passports must be collected within 30 days upon notification that the passport has been issued.
Australian Embassy Berlin Australian Consulate-General Frankfurt
We do not charge a fee for the appointments. The fees listed on our booking page are for the service you have selected; not for the appointment. Fees may vary month to month, up-to-date fees are available here. Fees must be paid in Euro by debit (EC) or credit card only.