Australian Embassy

Work-related Visas Main

Work-related Visa Options

Please refer to the following range of visa options available for work or training purposes. 




Further information

You wish to attend a conference, business meeting or exploratory business trip for a short stay of less than 3 months.

See: Business Visitor visa options

You wish to travel to Australia for up to 12 months with options for working and studying.

Working Holiday maker visa (417)
Work and holiday visa (462) 

You have a Australian/ non-Australian employer sponsoring you to work in Australia for up to 4 years.

See: Working for a Australian/ non-Australian Company - Home Affairs website

You intend to visit a University or Research Institute as a researcher or visiting academic, or work for an Australian employer as an educational worker.

 See:Working at a University or Research Institute

You wish to work in the Australian entertainment industry as a performer or support or production staff.

See:Working in the Field of Entertainment

You are taking part in a reciprocal exchange program to work in Australia.

See: Business Exchange

You have an Australian employer sponsoring you for an occupational training course or short-term work focusing on further training and gaining work experience.

See: Occupational Training - DIBP website


If none of the above visa options refer to your situation, please follow the link to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection\'s website and read further visa options.

See: Working Visas - Home Affairs Website



Return to previous page