Australian Embassy

Working Holiday Maker Visa

Working holiday maker visa (subclass 417)

This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.

  • For young nationals of countries with which Australia has a bilateral Working Holiday Maker Agreement
    Eligible countries (Home Affairs website)

To apply online: Working Holiday visa online applications (Home Affairs website)


Second Working Holiday Maker Visa

For information on the second WHM visa and to find out if you are eligible to apply for a second visa, please visit the following website:
Working holiday visa – who could get this visa – second working holiday visa (Home Affairs website)
 Second Working Holiday Maker - Home Affairs website



Clients who are unable to apply online should lodge an application at the Berlin office. The following information will assist your application.

Working holiday maker visa – paper application checklist

Please provide:

  • completed form 1150 - download form 1150 – Home Affairs website (pdf)
    Make sure that you answer all questions and that you correctly complete the credit card authorisation form.
  • Application charge. This is a processing charge and cannot be refunded irrespective of the outcome of your application.
    Visa Application Charges
  • a clear (uncertified) copy of the biodata page of your valid passport
  • evidence of sufficient funds (about AUD 5,000, equivalent of approx. EUR 3,300) to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday (your recent bank statements)
  • An Immigration Officer will contact you if we need further information from you.

Health requirements
Please refer to the Health requirement to see if your country of origin or residence and the nature/ duration of your visit require you to undergo any health clearance formalities.
Health Requirements – Home Affairs website

Where do I apply
Please mail your application to the Visa Office of the Australian Embassy Berlin.
Contact details