Australian Embassy

Partner and Family Migration Overview

Partner and Family Migration Visas

If you intend to stay in Australia permanently or if your personal circumstances require a permanent residence permit for Australia, you need to apply for a migration visa.

Visa Options

If you are a partner or fiancé(e) of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you may apply for a partner migration visa.

Partners and fiancé(e)s include:
• people intending to get married (fiancés)
• married (de jure) partners
• de facto partners (including those in a same sex relationship) 

Migrating as a Partner

If you wish to sponsor your Dependent Child, Adopted Child or an Orphan Relative, you should read the following information.
Migrating as a Child

If you wish to accompany a New Zealand citizen to Australia as a family member, then you will have to apply for New Zealand Citizen Family Member visa.
Accompanying a New Zealand Citizen