Working holiday maker visa (subclass 417)
This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.
- For young nationals of countries with which Australia has a bilateral Working Holiday Maker Agreement
Eligible countries (DIBP website)
To apply online: Working Holiday visa online applications (DIBP website)
Second Working Holiday Maker Visa
For information on the second WHM visa and to find out if you are eligible to apply for a second visa, please visit the following website:
Working holiday visa – who could get this visa – second working holiday visa (DIBP website)
Second Working Holiday Maker - DIBP website
Clients who are unable to apply online should lodge an application at the Berlin office. The following information will assist your application.
Working holiday maker visa – paper application checklist
- completed form 1150 - download form 1150 – DIBP website (pdf)
Make sure that you answer all questions and that you correctly complete the credit card authorisation form.
- Application charge. This is a processing charge and cannot be refunded irrespective of the outcome of your application.
Visa Application Charges
- a clear (uncertified) copy of the biodata page of your valid passport
- evidence of sufficient funds (about AUD 5,000, equivalent of approx. EUR 3,300) to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday (your recent bank statements)
- An Immigration Officer will contact you if we need further information from you.
Please refer to the Health requirement to see if your country of origin or residence and the nature/ duration of your visit require you to undergo any health clearance formalities.
Health Requirements – DIBP website
Where do I apply
Please mail your application to the Visa Office of the Australian Embassy Berlin.