Australian Embassy

Visitor Visas

Visitor Visa options

(Tourism and Business Visitor)

    Diese Seite in Deutscher Sprache.


If you wish to travel to Australia for:

  • holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons, to visit relatives or friends

you may choose one of the visitor visa options listed below.

These visa options are for people who want to visit Australia.

  • You must not work while in Australia.
  • Studies or training for up to three months are acceptable.


Business Visitor 

 There are several business visitor visa options allowing business people to make a short-term business visit to Australia for up to three months.

  • Business visits/ activities may include a conference, negotiation or exploratory business visit, but do not include acting, musical performances or commercial film making.

None of the business visitor visa options listed below allows you to work. If you are intending to carry out short-term, non-ongoing, highly specialised work in Australia, you should apply for the Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400).
See: Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400) - Departmental website



eVisitor (subclass 651)

Electronic visa to visit Australia or for business visitor purposes for up to three months.

  • for passport holders from over 30 European countries, including all EU member states, as well as Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and Vatican City.

If you hold an eVisitor-eligible passport, you can apply online.

There is no charge for an eVisitor online application.

Who could get this visa (eVisitor-eligible passports) - Home Affairs website

For an online application, or for further information on the features and requirements of this visa, please see:
eVisitor (subclass 651) – Home Affairs website

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA – subclass 601)

Electronic visa to visit Australia for business or visitor purposes for up to three months.

Only passport holders of certain countries might be able to get an ETA. If you hold such an ETA-eligible passport, you can apply for your ETA through most travel agents or airlines.

Travel agents usually charge a fee for this service.

Who could get this visa (eligible passports) - Home Affairs website

 Visitor visa (subclass 600)

This visa lets you visit Australia for tourist or business purposes for up to three, six, or 12 months.

Tourist Stream – Visitor visa

The Tourist Stream of the Visitor visa (subclass 600) is for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends and for other purposes not related to business or medical treatment.

For further information: