Business Visitor visa options
There are several business visitor visa options allowing business people to make a short-term business visit to Australia for up to three months.
- Business visits/ activities may include a conference, negotiation or exploratory business visit, but do not include acting, musical performances or commercial film making.
None of the business visitor visa options listed below allows you to work. If you are intending to carry out short-term, non-ongoing, highly specialised work in Australia, you should apply for the Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400).
See: Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400) - DIBP website
eVisitor (subclass 651)
Electronic visa for business or visitor purposes for up to three months.
- for passport holders from over 30 European countries, including all EU member states, as well as Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and Vatican City.
If you hold an eVisitor-eligible passport, you can apply online.
There is no charge for an eVisitor online application.
Who could get this visa (eVisitor-eligible passports) – DIBP website
For an online application, or for further information on the features and requirements of this visa, please see:
eVisitor (subclass 651) - DIBP website
ETA (Electronic Travel Authority, subclass 601)
Electronic visa for business visitor purposes for up to three months.
Only passport holders of certain countries might be able to get an ETA. If you hold such an ETA-eligible passport, you can apply for your ETA through most travel agents or airlines.
Travel agents usually charge a fee for this service.
Who could get this visa (eligible passports) - DIBP website
Visitor visa (subclass 600)
Business Visitor Stream - Visitor visa
The Business Visitor Stream of the Visitor visa (subclass 600) is for business people to make a short business visit to Australia for up to three months.
Business visits/ activities may include a conference, negotiation or exploratory business visit, but do not include acting, musical performances or commercial film making.
- Only certain passport holders can apply for the subclass 600 visa online. For the list of countries and the online application, please see: Visitor e600 online applications – DIBP website
- For further information on the Business Visitor Stream, please see:
Visitor (Business Visitor stream) visa (subclass 600) – DIBP website
If you are unable or ineligible to apply for an electronic business visitor visa, you should send a paper application to the Berlin office. The following will assist your application.
Business Visitor Stream: paper application checklist
How to obtain a Visitor (Business Visitor stream) Visa if you are not eligible for an eVisitor (Business) or ETA.
- Completed form 1415 - Download form 1415 - DIBP website (pdf)
Make sure that you answer all questions and that you correctly complete the credit card authorisation form.
- Application charge.This is a processing charge and cannot be refunded irrespective of the outcome of your application
Visa Application Charges
- a clear (uncertified) copy of the biodata page of your valid passport.
A case officer may ask you for your original passport during the processing of your application
- a statement about the purpose of your planned business visit (for example: conference invitation, employer’s letter confirming business meetings)
- Depending on your circumstances, your case officer may request further information or documents.
Please refer to the Health Requirement to see if your country of origin or residence and the nature/ duration of your visit require you to undergo any health clearance formalities.
Health Requirements - DIBP website