Transiting through Australia
Do I need a Transit Visa?
- Transit without visa arrangements
Certain travellers may transit through Australia without applying for a visa.
For further information, please see:
When you do NOT need a Transit visa (DIBP website)
If your transit is longer than 72 hours or your citizenship is not covered by the above arrangement, you will need to apply for a Transit Visa.
- Information for sea crew of non-military ships
Maritime crew visa (subclass 988) (DIBP website)
How to apply for a transit visa (subclass 771)
- Completed form 876 Application for Transit (subclass 771) visa for Australia - DIBP Website (pdf)
- a copy of your airline ticket
- a clear (uncertified) copy of the bio-data page of your valid passport.
Please do NOT send your original passport to our office unless a case officer specifically asks for it during the processing of your application.
There is no Visa Application Charge applicable for a transit visa.
Where do I apply?
Please mail your application to the Visa Office of the Australian Embassy Berlin.