Visa Enquiries: Telephone: +49 (0)69 222 23 99 58, Mon-Fri 10am to 1pm, 2pm to 5pm // Fax: +49(0)30 22 48 92 92
Counter Hours Visa Section: Mon, Wed, Fri 9am to 11am
- About us
- Visas and migration
- Passport Services
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia-Germany relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Transiting through Australia
Do I need a Transit Visa?
- Transit without visa arrangements
Certain travellers may transit through Australia without applying for a visa.
For further information, please see:
Transit without Visa Arrangements (DIBP website)
If your transit is longer than 8 hours or your citizenship is not covered by the above arrangement, you will need to apply for a Transit Visa.
- Information for sea crew of non-military ships
Maritime Crew Visa (DIBP website)
How to apply for a transit visa (subclass 771)
- Completed form 876 - DIBP Website (pdf)
- a copy of your airline ticket
- a clear (uncertified) copy of the biodata page of your valid passport.
A case officer may ask you for your original passport during the processing of your application.
There is no Visa Application Charge applicable for a transit visa.
Where do I apply?
Please mail your application to the Visa Office of the Australian Embassy Berlin.